[climacs-devel] Re: Couple of first impressions

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Fri Dec 28 13:29:35 UTC 2007

"Tobias C. Rittweiler" <tcr at freebits.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> here's a small list of things I'd like to see in Climacs to be more
> newbie-friendly (i.e. making experimenting more convenient):

  * There are no keybindings in a Typeout Pane. Also you can `C-x o' to
    such a pane, but there's no indicator that it's on focus. (This is
    the cause of the confusion I was speaking of yesterday.) Next to
    bindings for UP and DOWN, I'd also love to see a binding on `q' to
    quit.

  * Trying to open a file in a Typeout Pane results in an error.

      (C-h b, C-x o, C-x C-f, foo.lisp RET)

  * C-/ does not work on German layout, presumably because / is a
    shifted character there.

  -T.