[climacs-devel] Wrong call on DREI-BUFFER:MARK

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Thu Dec 6 14:55:23 UTC 2007

David Lewis <d.lewis at gold.ac.uk> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've just resumed working on a Climacs app after a hiatus. When I try to
> run Climacs, the pane appears, but before anything further happens, I
> get:

While my second-to-last patch did cause some errors due to me being
sloppy, I cannot reproduce this bug. However, the backtrace seems to
suggest that some other loaded program has redefined the `mark'
function (as of a semirecent patch, it is no longer generic). Most
likely, the code that redefined `mark' can be changed to define a
method on `mark-of' instead, as `mark' merely calls `mark-of' on its
optional argument (which has a sensible default, so that code can be
written using `(mark)' and `(point)' to refer to the current mark and
current point).

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen