[climacs-devel] paredit.lisp, regularization of motion commands, and more

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Sat Jun 10 22:05:09 UTC 2006

Troels Henriksen <athas at sigkill.dk> writes:

> It works nicely so far, but I have run into a few issues that seem to
> require refactoring of some parts of Climacs. Here is my analysis:

And now I can present some code. I am not ready to commit to the tree,
as I am pretty sure there are still some things that do not work
properly (because some functions have changed their signature), but it
compiles cleanly and works for the trivial editing tests I have
performed (including use of the more advanced commands in Lisp
syntax). Also, this patch reworks a number of editing, deletion and
killing functions and commands into a framework similar to what Taylor
Campbell proposed for the motion functions and commands. I am not
quite sure that limit actions are being used properly though.

The patch, which should apply to a fresh Climacs tree, can be found
at: http://sigkill.dk/code/motion-editing-refactoring.diff

Please review and test it, and don't hesitate to criticize the
approach taken.
--
\  Troels "Athas" Henriksen
/\ - Insert witty signature