[climacs-devel] cl-automton's automaton objects may print incorrect state numbers

Derek Peschel dpeschel at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 2 18:21:02 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 03:46:33PM -0700, Aleksandar Bakic wrote:
> It does not suppress, it (re)sets state numbers (in a hash-table traversal
> order). A couple automaton operators set state numbers, which is exercised by
> "a.c". The question is, do you want to reset state numbers for printing
> purposes (and perhaps lose debugging information)?

That makes sense now, and explains the "re" in the name which I had been
wondering about.

But how are states connected to each other if not by state numbers?
Some kind of transition graph that is not normally printed?  After all,
in the example of "abc", the automaton obviously knows which state is the
current one.

-- Derek