[clhp-devel] lisp wanabe

G bootiack at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 16:11:40 UTC 2005

Hi I want to learn lisp and do a lisp website.
What website runs clhp now?
I read some stuff on Paul grahams site and he said
that you can build a very good app with lisp and every
time u see a pattern make it a library so only
programming improvements made bit by bit can move you
closer to exactly wht the program should do with less
and less repeated effort.  I support java now and have
not learned it but I think it is ridiculous; apache,
tomcat, ant, hibernate, oracle, cruisecontrol,
magnolia, etc etc too many moving parts make room for
errors!  I don't even think java programmers keep the
spirit of object programming, they love buzzwords and
prebuilt engines so they don't have to really know a
lot.  I want to do websites in lisp, and your clhp
seems to let you do it; my question is; can you keep
the ability to use lisp to build smart programs or do
you have to limit yourself somehow because clhp does
text parsing?  Where is the install doc? A README in
the download?  What version of apache ? 1.3 or 2.0?