Workflow questions and odd behavior

Jeff Weiss me at jweiss.com
Thu Feb 11 14:39:38 UTC 2016

A few questions:

Copying frames seems to behave very strangely. Let's say frame1 contains
frame3, and frame2 is a sibling of frame1. If I copy frame3 to frame2,
it's still only visible in frame1. There's just empty space in the
layout in frame2 where frame3 should be. Even if I enter into frame2 (so
frame1 isn't showing at all anymore), frame3 still isn't visible. What's
really weird is, if I go to the parent of frame1 and frame2, (so frame3
should be in two places on screen), I click in a window in frame1/frame3
and it immediately disappears and reappears in frame2/frame3! It just
keeps moving back and forth every time I try to interact with it. Seems
like a bug, but maybe I'm not using it right.

I also see some definite bugs (note I'm running from
slime/sbcl/quicklisp, and two monitors, not sure if that matters. Seems
to also have issues with 1 monitor and running clisp binary built from
latest git):

* Often, when I leave expose mode, the frame label boxes don't go away,
  they stay there forever in front of other windows. They're just plain
  dark-gray boxes with no text.

* Firefox becomes unresponsive when playing video (youtube full screen
  will lock it up immediately, even if I hit escape to leave full
  screen. Google hangouts works for about a minute and then goes
  unresponsive. The sound continues to work though). The firefox process
  may not even have a problem itself, but I can't interact with it at
  all. FWIW, Firefox works fine for me under xmonad.

Thanks for any hints you can give me!

Jeff