dual monitor and other questions

Jeff Weiss jeffrey.m.weiss at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 15:10:10 UTC 2013

I recently disovered clfswm, I've been playing around with it, and it's
great.  I think I'm going to try to use it all the time (replacing xmonad).

I have a couple of issues to work through before it can become my "every
day" WM.

1) Dual monitor doesn't work the way I had hoped. The monitors are a single
view of a particular frame, but I would rather have xmonad's behavior where
the two monitors are two independent views.  Is it possible to change this
behavior?  I think it's a great feature to be able to mix and match views -
eg, you have an email view, browser view, and development view.  To email
someone about a bug, you might have one monitor on email, and the other on
development.

2) A weird bug where super-tab will only switch between two frames, but
super-shift-tab moves among all of them as expected.  Here is my config
(mostly just changing mod1 to mod4, but added a few shortcuts)
https://gist.github.com/weissjeffm/7120435 (using the latest 1212 release)

3) How do i add to my configuration some pre-set frame locations and start
programs in those frames?  For example, I added a small frame at the top of
the root frame for stalonetray.

4) How do I add shortcut keys to the expose mode?  I would really love to
be able to drag and drop windows from one frame to another.

I have figured out how to use it with gnome 3.8, so that I can use things
like NetworkManager.  Really all I had to do was start gnome-session and
use stalonetray and nm-applet.  Only thing I haven't figured out yet is how
to re-enable all the thinkpad function keys like volume and screen
brightness.

thanks for a fantastic piece of software!