[clfswm-devel] Questions / Feature requests regarding the focus policy

Renaud Casenave-Péré renaud at casenave-pere.fr
Tue May 14 02:14:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wed, May 08 2013, Philippe Brochard wrote:

>> Regarding the sloppy-select-window focus policy, I noticed a strange behavior:
>> If you move the mouse to select a window, it will focus the window as expected,
>> but if you then use run-or-raise to focus another window, the focus will quickly
>> return to where the mouse is. After it has returned, you can use run-or-raise
>> again without problem but it doesn't work the first time, every time you use
>> the mouse to focus a window.
>>
> I have added a test to take care of *steal-focus* variable in
> run-or-raise (you have to set it to nil).

That's not really what I meant. I think the problem is not with *steal-focus*
but with the sloppy-select-window. In fact, the problem persists even when
*steal-focus* is t. You can reproduce it this way:

Set the sloppy-select-window focus policy.
Create two frames within the root.
Have a window you can run-or-raise with a shortcut in one frame.
Put the mouse on the other frame.

At this point, the focus is on the empty frame, where the mouse is.

Use the keyboard shortcut to focus the window in the first frame.

Now, the focus go to the window, but only for a second, before it returns to the
frame where the mouse is.

If now you use the run-or-raise shortcut once again, the focus go to the window
and stays there, as it should.

I can reproduce this problem every time I move the mouse.

And actually, I think your last change introduced another problem... If you have
a frame in fullscreen and you want to run-or-raise a window in another frame, it
doesn't work if *steal-focus* is nil...

Sorry for being that annoying :/

--
Renaud Casenave-Péré