Conkeror hangs when run using do-shell

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Fri Dec 13 22:36:19 UTC 2013

Renaud Casenave-Péré a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Dec 07 2013, Philippe Brochard wrote:
>
>> All works as expected here with clisp and sbcl. The code you send is
>> working for me. I use conkeror every days and I've never seen a hang
>> up.
>>
>> Please can you have a deeper look. And report any problem or suspect
>> behaviour.
>
> You're right… It seems to work properly now. Then I don't know, it was probably
> a bug within conkeror or xulrunner, or maybe the /dev/null redirection did the
> trick. Sorry for the noise :/

No problem, I prefer too much noise instead of hidden bugs.

>> The same, all works as expected here with those lines in my .clfsmwrc
>>
>> ;--------------------------------------------------
>> (setf *steal-focus* nil)
>> (setf *default-nw-hook* 'leave-focus-frame-nw-hook)
>> ;--------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Please, can you give use more details on what you expect.
>
> With the above settings, it works well when you are running a new application
> but not if the application is already running and it only open a new tab. The
> same applies for emacsclient, for example:
>
> Run emacs normally and put it in server mode.
> In a terminal, ask emacs to open a buffer within the open emacs frame:
>     `emacsclient test-file`
>
> I don't really know why it behave like this but if you do it that way, X will
> generate :focus-out / :focus-in events to the emacs frame without clfswm asking
> it to actually change the focus and only after that X will generate a
> :configure-request event where *steal-focus* is checked.
>
> I have looked around in clfswm source and I came up with a simple patch which
> should affect only (eq *steal-focus* nil) configurations by storing the
> currently focused window and by registering a :focus-in event-handler where I
> check if X did change the focus without clfswm telling it to.

[...]

> Please tell me if this patch is ok for you.

Your patch is ok and applied in your name. I've removed the
*steal-focus* part since emacs have not to steal the focus when it's not
on the same frame as the focused child. (Maybe I'll rethink this part
latter).

> Thanks,

Thanks for your report.

Regards,