Moving a window to another frame (and a few bugs)

Michaël Cadilhac michael at cadilhac.name
Wed Dec 18 15:28:08 UTC 2013

Hi Andrea, thanks for your answer!

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Andrea De Michele
<andrea.demichele at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michaël Cadilhac <michael at cadilhac.name> writes:
>
>> Hi there people!
>>
>> I have a hard time moving a window in other frames.  Basically,
>> neither "Move current child to a named friend" nor the selection menu
>> do anything.  Am I missing something?
>>
> I'm not sure if it is the right things to do but I use the functions
> cut-current-child and paste-selection; I added to my .clfswmrc these
> key bindings:
>
>  (define-main-key ("c" :mod-4) 'copy-current-child)
>  (define-main-key ("x" :mod-4) 'cut-current-child)
>  (define-main-key ("v" :mod-4) 'paste-selection)

Yes, this is what I meant by the "selection menu." (Menu -> s).  Now
that I try it again, with a fresh session, it does work! :-)  Either I
was in an auto-restarted instance of CLFSWM, which are quite unstable,
or I just failed to use the selection thingy properly, which is more
than likely.

Thanks again;
M.