Conkeror hangs when run using do-shell

Renaud Casenave-Péré renaud at casenave-pere.fr
Mon Dec 2 02:30:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have configured clfswm to launch some software using bindings, and I use
do-shell for that.
It usually works fine (in particular for konsole, emacs, skype...) but for
conkeror, it always hangs after some time and I have no idea why. If I launch it
using konsole (itself launch using do-shell from clfswm), it works fine.

When run on the command-line, conkeror floods it with warning messages so I
would have guessed it hangs because of a full stream buffer but it also hangs
when run with standard output and standard error redirected to /dev/null so I
am not so sure anymore... If you have some pointers as to where to look to find
the problem, I would be happy to investigate further.

On a related note, you added an option to prevent a window from stealing the
focus and it worked for some time but it doesn't anymore... As far as clfswm is
concerned, it seems it doesn't transfer the focus itself (the frame decoration
still show the former window to be in focus) but the keyboard input is
transferred to the new window... I might look into it when I have time, as I
think you don't use this feature yourself it might be better if I try and fix it
myself but I still wanted to let you know.

Thanks,

--
Renaud Casenave-Péré