Keybindings which affect windows ?

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Mon Apr 22 19:23:31 UTC 2013

Akshay Srinivasan writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

>    Is there anyway I can affect windows with keybindings ? Right now it looks like
> this sort of capability is only available to mouse-bindings.

You're right, this capability is only for mouse actually.
There is a need for other keybindings (in main and second mode), so I've
added them in the commit 4cd4754.

Please, test: Control+Shift+Left/Right to move over next/previous
brother and take the current window in it.
Control+Shift+Alt+Left/Right/Up/Down: same thing but spatially.

This must work in both main and second mode.

>Would it work if I call something like:
> (define-main-mouse ("Left" :shift :mod-1) 'move-window-to-left-brother)
>
> If the mouse-keybindings are handled by a thread that handles mouse events in X, then this
> will not work; is there some way out ? (Sorry for not trying the code before posting).

No, this can't work because key binding and mouse binding are stored in
different hash table. The mechanism for both is not nearly the
same. (And more there is different hash table for each mode).
BTW clfswm is not threaded there is only one single loop.

Thanks for the request,

> Akshay

Philippe