[clfswm-devel] New CLFSWM version planned for this week-end.

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Sun Sep 9 20:47:05 UTC 2012

Ales Guzik writes:

> Hi Philippe,

Hi,

> Some time ago something had changed and now if I press alt+t and immediately
> follow it by some key (e.g. t to open terminal) before "second mode" label
> appear in rectangle, this key "falls through" and is received by current child.
> For example current child is gmail opened in firefox, I want to launch
> something, rapidly type alt+t ! and get current mail marked as spam instead of
> getting command execution prompt.

I have added some unneeded 'with-xlib-protect' in a commit. I've removed
some of them. So CLFSWM is more reactive. Please, test the last commit
(246b817). If this is not enough, we can change the way events are
handled and revert to hash table instead of symbol mapped. So the mode
switch will be faster.

> Also there is a minor problem with skype: when you open contact details window,
> then close it by either pressing escape or ctrl-esc s, you can no longer open
> it neither for this contact nor for any other. Also I had same problem with
> chat windows in previous skype versions - if you close chat with someone, you
> can't open it without skype restart.

This is fixed in the commit 246b817. Thanks a lot for the report. Skype
is the first application with this bug. But as I don't use it...

> Also sometimes if I open 2 or more windows in a frame and select tile top or
> tile right layout with keep frame child position set to "no" it tiles windows
> the way as there's one more window. After alt+tab layout become correct. This
> bug occurs pretty rear and unlike two others is not annoying at all.

I got this sometimes, I'll try to spot some application which cause the
problem each time. I know that sometimes Emacs do.

> At the moment, that's all the problems I have experienced with CLFSWM.

Many thanks for the reports! As already said, they are very important!

> Regards,

Regards,

> Ales.

Philippe