[clfswm-devel] Bug report: freeze, constantly throwing errors

Ales Guzik ales.guzik at gmail.com
Wed May 2 15:03:11 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 1:25 AM, Philippe Brochard
<pbrochard at common-lisp.net> wrote:
> Ales Guzik writes:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Philippe Brochard
>> <pbrochard at common-lisp.net> wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> When does this occurs? With which applications? Do you do something
>>> special before the crash?
>>
>> It occurs pretty randomly. Daily I use pretty limited set of gui
>> applications - just firefox, emacs, xterm, skype and thunderbird. In
>> moment of crash everything just slows down and clfswm keys does not
>> work. (running via main-unprotected prevents slowdown, clfswm just
>> terminates)
>>
> Ok, thanks for those details.
>
>>> The first thing to try is to use the 'main-unprotected' function to
>>> display a more explicit message (and stop after the first error).
>>> Start clfswm with:
>>>
>>> $ clfswm.core --eval "(clfswm::main-unprotected)" --non-interactive
>>>
>>> And share the output on the list.
>>
>> Logs attached.
>>
> Thanks. I suspect an Xlib problem. I test clfswm with sbcl with another
> (old) xlib version (darcs get http://common-lisp.net/~crhodes/clx).
> I'll switch to the new git fork for my tests. BTW, I haven't those
> freeze with clisp/mit or new-clx.
> From your side, can you test clfswm with the Christophe Rhodes (old) clx
> version and see if the freeze appends?

Tested with this clx version. It crashed, like, two times since then.
This way it looks abit more stable, but I'm not 100% sure. If it
matters, my libx11 version is  1.4.99.901-1

IIRC this crashes started after system update, not clx update.
Aproximately the same time clfswm terminal bug appeared (press C-F12,
small 2x2 square appears and at top left corner and immidiately
disappears, press M-t c, clfswm terminal appears at top left corner,
now C-F12 and M-t c functions as intended)

One more bug that is here from days i started using clfswm is when you
open skype chat (or file transfer window) and then close it via
C-<esc> s, you can not open it anymore (by double-clicking person's
name in contact list or any other way)

--
Regards,
Ales Guzik