[clfswm-devel] Fwd: CLFSWM licence change? (again)

Desmond O. Chang dochang at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 21:50:04 UTC 2012

Hi Philippe,

I didn't check my mailbox until yesterday, sorry.

I've been using CLFSWM as a standalone X window manager.  I think GPL
is enough for me, a trivial user, although I don't mind BSD/MIT/LLGPL.

If I'm the maintainer, I would consider changing license *IFF* the
project *really* needs a better license.

There're several open source implementations in *nix world.  I'll
always use an open source one to run CLFSWM *unless* CLFSWM cannot run
in all of them.  So, I think it's almost impossible to run CLFSWM in
the non-free ones (for me).

Changing license is harmless (maybe?).  But GPL is enough.

Thank you for asking me for my opinion.  In fact, I tried to keep
silence during the discussion.  You're the maintainer.  Do as you
wish.  I'll accept any license as long as it's still open source. :)

BTW, since some code in CLFSWM was copied from StumpWM, I think CLFSWM
cannot change the license easily.

Thanks,
Des