[clfswm-devel] Feature request and questions

Thomas Sanchez thomas.sanchz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 08:22:14 UTC 2012

Hi

2012/12/12 Philippe Brochard <pbrochard at common-lisp.net>:
> [...]
> Second-mode+a is not what you want? It create a named frame in the
> current frame.

I actually found it after having sent this mail

> Right, old Stumpwm keysym definition. Fixed with commit d296482.
> For others, please update your configuration file if needed.
> L1 become F11, L2->F12 and so on.

:) Thanks.

>> * We should be able to name some frame or create a group of frame,
>> then:
>>
> second-mode+c: rename current child (works for frames and windows)

That what I missed

> To create a group of frame: create a frame and new frames inside it.
> You may have to make it fullscreen to be able to create a new frame with
> the mouse.

Yeah, I finally got it with the A and ctrl-A shortcut

>>   * We could decide to hide some frame;
>>
> second-mode+c: hide the current child (be careful with this, this can be
> messy)
>
>>   * Search a frame by name;
>>
> second-mode+n

Noted !

>[...]
>
>> * We should be able to reorganise automatically the frame according to
>> some predefined layout (tiling);
>>
> hmmm..., this is all what clfswm is about!
>
> second-mode+f+l : open the layout menu.

Shame on me

>> * I run the trunk version of the code and I haven't the default cursor
>> but a cross instead...
>>
> Yes, this is done externally for now with
>
> xsetroot -cursor_name left_ptr

Much better, thanks

> [.]]
>
> Please, read the documentation! All is auto documented on it. CLFSWM is
> here since more than 6 years and, I know, it's really dense.

I actually have, however I did not read the code. Only the wiki and the website.
I would happily participate to the documentation since I love the
concept of CLFSWM.

For the shortcuts, it could be greatly improved by grouping the
shortcut of the same
type together.

> But those informations must be in the FAQ on the wiki. (As soon as I've
> time).

Let me know if you want some help. If I have some questions I may
directly post them in the FAQ

--
Thomas Sanchez