[clfswm-devel] Feature request and questions

Thomas Sanchez thomas.sanchz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 12:34:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure that it is the right place for this but here is
some ideas/remarks I got.

I started to test/use clfswm some days ago and some features are
missing or to hard to use:

* We should be able to create a child frame in an easier way, I'm
still not sure to have the right shortcut;
* If mod-1 L2 == mod-1 F12, why isn't F12 used ? wouldn't it be clearer ?
* Child frame should be given the possibility to not go outside its root frame:
   * by extension a frame could not change of screen which isn't a bad
idea because it leads to some weird case;
* What is mod-5 ?
* We should be able to name some frame or create a group of frame, then:
  * We could decide to hide some frame;
  * Search a frame by name;
* Changing the default terminal should be easier (I prefer urxvt to xterm) !
* We should be able to reorganise automatically the frame according to
some predefined layout (tiling);
* I run the trunk version of the code and I haven't the default cursor
but a cross instead...
* is there some logs ?
* Having the possibility to focus automatically the frame under the
cursor could be useful.

Other thing, maybe a bug:
I have 2 frames, one with chromium, one empty.
I decide to write a mail on gmail, then the website open a new  window
that take all the space on the frame. I decide to move the window in
another frame so I do a: alt-t ctrl-x and paste the window
in another frame. (please see the attached image) each time the new
frame get the focus, the original frame act like as if I required to
have its info.

Thank you !

--
Thomas Sanchez