[clfswm-devel] Comparsion of clfswm with other "extensible" WMs

Teika Kazura teika at lavabit.com
Sun Aug 12 07:46:48 UTC 2012

Hi, clfswm world.

I'm Teika, a former developer of Sawfish, another WM written in
a lisp dialect. I've come to know clfswm, and added it to the list of
"Comparison of extensible window manager",
  http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Comparison_of_extensible_window_managers
a page of Sawfish Wiki. Although I had a browse of clfswm docs, some
blanks remain, and I wonder if you're interested in filling them in.
Feel free to rewrite; I'm the main contributor to that page, and
you may feel it's too oriented to Sawfish.

Some features of clfswm look attractive to me. Parent-children model,
printed key-binding (so probably not so difficult to use for
newcomers), etc. And Repl is a must for me. =)

I have a question. In Sawfish, users can easily override files
installed system-wide. For example, /usr/share/sawfish/lisp/foo/bar.jl
yields to ~/.sawfish/lisp/foo/bar.jl. Is it possible in clfswm?
(Perhaps not difficult at all for Common lisp.)

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)