[clfswm-devel] clfswm and FreeBSD

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Wed Dec 14 20:50:42 UTC 2011

Deepak Tripathi writes:

> Hi,

> Since i am new to lisp world and going through lisp manual etc, If i
> will get time i will probably help here.

Thanks. Any help or remark will be greatly appreciated.

> Also i tested Alt+t m d in Debian and found that apart from opening
> menubar nothing is happening , i am assuming that it should populate
> menu list with appropriate application.

Yes, the menu entries are created from directories listed in the
XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable. I've to rework this part since this
variable is not set in many distributions.

> Please note that i am using .deb binary from Debian unstable.
>
> PS: Let me know any good book for lisp as newbie .

Well, I like the Practial Common Lisp (PCL) from Peter Seibel, the Paul
Graham ANSI Common Lisp and OnLisp. And the Paradigms of Artificial
Intelligence Programming: Case Studies in Common Lisp (PAIP) from Peter
Norvig. The Doug Hoyte Let Over Lambda is also very impressive.
You can read PCL and OnLisp online.
You'll find more information on the cliki: http://www.cliki.net/Lisp%20books

The Hyperspec, the CLTL2 and the CLX Manual are also indispensable.
http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/common-lisp.html
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/ai-repository/ai/html/cltl/cltl2.html
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~unk6/clxman/index.html