[clfswm-devel] Error while trying to run latest clfswm

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Mon May 19 19:18:26 UTC 2008

Steffen Liebergeld hat geschrieben:

> Hi folks,

Hi,

> today I tried to get your WM to run under Mac OS 10. I have sbcl,
> openmcl and clisp installed per fink.
>
> All of them complain about "package xlib not found". How can I recover
> from that?

None of your lisp implementations seems to have CLX built in.

For sbcl and openmcl, you have to use telent CLX as described here:

  http://www.cliki.net/CLX

For clisp, you have to build one of mit-clx or new-clx.

For mit-clx, fetch the clisp source, untar it and go in the directory
clisp-2.?.?/modules/clx/mit-clx/

Here you can build the system with make or by hands:

clisp -m 4MB -q -i defsystem -x '(load-clx "" :macrosp t) (saveinitmem "clx.mem")'

Then to load CLFSWM you have to use the new lisp image with clx build
in:

clisp -M /where/is/clx.mem /where/is/clfswm/load.lisp

For sbcl it's more:

sbcl --load /where/is/the/clx/sbcl/core --load /where/is/clfswm/load.lisp

BTW, I haven't tested clfswm on Mac OS 10. I'll be happy to hear how
it works (if it works) on this system.

Regards,

Philippe

--