[clfswm-devel] Help needed with the git repository

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Fri Apr 25 23:40:36 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm sad, but it seems that it's too work for me to maintain two
repository. The svn doesn't cause any problem but I have always some
boring conflicts with the git repository.
I haven't found what I'm doing wrong (I give some details at the end
of this mail if that's help) and it tooks me less time to write an
automatic conflict cleaner in lisp than to found how to prevent
them...

So I've decided to not maintain the git repository on common-lisp.net
any more.
But I find git useful, so if someone want to maintain a git repository
on a public domain, feel free do to so and share your link.

In all cases, git-svn is style working with the common-lisp.net svn
repository. So you can continu to use git if you want.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Philippe

PS: Here is the script I use to commit on both svn and git
repository.

#!/bin/sh

TMP_REPO=/tmp/clfswm.git

git commit -a -m "$1"

rm -rf $TMP_REPO
git repack -d
git update-server-info
git clone --bare -l --no-hardlinks . $TMP_REPO
git --bare --git-dir=$TMP_REPO update-server-info

rsync -avz $TMP_REPO pbrochard at common-lisp.net:/project/clfswm/public_html/

rm -rf $TMP_REPO

git svn dcommit

Philippe Brochard    <pbrochard at common-lisp.net>