[clfswm-devel] QWERTY users: still impossible to fully use CLFSWM

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Tue Apr 8 00:00:05 UTC 2008

   Xavier Maillard writes:

   > Hi,

   > I am pretty sure I already asked this question but since I could
   > not find something, I am asking it again here.
   >
   > How can a QWERTY user fully use the possibilities offered by
   > CLFSWM ? I mean, I still can't do something as simple as "Run a
   > command" (M-t m y !) since CLFSWM does not recognise my '!' key
   > (it sees a 1 here).
   >
   > There are numerous other key bindings inaccessible for me such as
   > "Home" key.

   Please, what is the output of identify key when you press the "1" key
   and "Shift+1" key?

DEBUG[5 - dbg]  CODE=10   KEYSYM="1"   KEY=#\1   MODIFIERS=NIL
DEBUG[6 - dbg]  CODE=50   KEYSYM="Shift_L"   KEY=#\FULLWIDTH_POUND_SIGN   MODIFIERS=NIL
DEBUG[7 - dbg]  CODE=10   KEYSYM="exclam"   KEY=#\1   MODIFIERS=(:SHIFT)
DEBUG[8 - dbg]  CODE=50   KEYSYM="Shift_L"   KEY=#\FULLWIDTH_POUND_SIGN   MODIFIERS=NIL
DEBUG[9 - dbg]  CODE=24   KEYSYM="q"   KEY=#\q   MODIFIERS=NIL

   I think that I see what's going wrong: in the info-mode-menu there is
   no modifier allowed and your ! is on shift+1 (I think).

I am not sure how to interpret this. It effectively sees my ! key
but in sort of a two-phase process.

   BTW, I think I'll rebind them on some more standard keys (like "e" for
   exec, "v" for eval...).

I am not sure I like it but given the fact it is customisable, I
am not against that change :)

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org