[clfswm-devel] Focus and new window

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Sun Apr 6 00:00:28 UTC 2008

   > How can I control the focus with new created window ?
   >
   > I do not like the default to put the focus on a newly created
   > window and I want to be able to control that behaviour.
   >
   > Typical use case:
   >
   > In emacs, I create a terminal. I do not want to change to that
   > new window *but* stay on the emacs window from where I send
   > orders to that xterm.

   This is typically the goal of new window hook. In clfswm it's the
   first child of a frame who takes the focus. You just need to swap
   children when they are created.

... code ...

   I've let this hook in the code. Just pull the last commit.

   Hope that'll help,

It is exactly what I wanted to have. Thank you very much for the
code and the enlightenment about the hook.

By the way, am I alone having difficulties to pull from the git repository
? Each time I am pulling, there are conflicts I have to resolve manually.

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org