[cl-who-devel] Changing *attribute-quote-char*

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Aug 13 11:16:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:07:46 -0400, "Andrei Stebakov" <lispercat at gmail.com> wrote:

> By default the variable is initialized to #\' If I want to change it
> to #\" via local binding I still get the single quotes in the
> resulting string.

WITH-HTML-OUTPUT is a macro, so what is relevant is the value of
*ATTRIBUTE-QUOTE-CHAR* at macro expansion time.  If you play around in
the REPL, this is obviously different for Lisps which always compile
everything (like SBCL) and Lisps which use an interpreter for REPL
forms (like LispWorks).  See chapter 3 of the CLHS for details.

Edi (still on vacation).