[cl-walker-devel] CL-Walker changes

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 10:54:34 UTC 2009

>> as i've checked your changes, unfortunately we seem to have done/fixed
>> similar things as you... could you please port your stuff to the
>> hu.dwim.walker repo?
>
> Hm, that one has a LOT of dependencies, and, for instance,
> ContextL does not even build on ECL...

well, yes.

but the problem is not with code reuse (dependencies) but with
broken/non-existent lib infrastructure in cl.

we would be happy if you used/extended hu.dwim.walker, but the
decision is of course yours. but you must know that we will not
support cl-walker anymore, and we'll set up a simple webpage that
notes the situation and points to dwim.hu.

we are willing to make steps to help your with the issues, but the
depnednecies won't go lower in hu.dwim.walker (with one exception:
contextl *could* be hidden behind a macro and make it possible to load
the walker with and without contextl support into two separate
packages, but this is too much effort for us for very little gain (for
us)).

you can catch me on irc, on #lisp if you want to discuss it in a more
interactive manner.

--
 attila