[cl-typesetting-devel] Patch to make it so cl-typesetting can be loaded without hyphenation-patterns/ directory in known location

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Thu Mar 28 19:31:54 UTC 2013

Dear Marc/All,

In followup to my recent patch proposals for cl-pdf, here is a similar
patch for cl-typesetting which allows the library to be loaded even if
cl-pdf's afm/ and cl-typesetting's hyphen-patterns/ directories are not in
the standard/known locations at compile and/or load time. For this case, an
initialize! function is provided where you can specify these directories
and have things set up at runtime initialization time.

Feedback welcome (maybe Marc B is waiting for some feedback from the list
before he considers going ahead and applying the patches).

cl-typesetting is not in git yet, so this patch was made with

 diff -rupN  cl-typesetting/ cl-typesetting-...patched/

so I think it would be applied  to a local working directory with

 cd cl-typesetting/
 patch -p1 <
cl-typesetting-make-it-so-you-can-load-without-hyphen-patterns.patch

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper, Genworks Support
david.cooper at genworks.com, dave.genworks.com(skype)
USA: 248-327-3253(o), 1-248-330-2979(mobile)
UK: 0191 645 1699