[cl-typesetting-devel] Unicode support feedback needed

Andras Simon andras at renyi.hu
Sun Nov 6 17:52:46 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, Andras Simon wrote:

> > > CLISP chokes on Salza:
> >
> > OK, can you try without compression ?
> > (setf pdf:*compress-streams* nil)
>
> Not yet, because CLISP's got a problem with cl-pdf/pdf-geom.lisp too. I'll
> look into these offending files later today.

salza/compressor.lisp has a line of funny characters, and pdf-geom.lisp has
Spanish characters that apparently make CLISP sick. Removing them lets
CLISP compile cl-typesetting with no errors. However,

CL-USER> (pdf:load-ttu-font #P"times.ufm" #P"/tmp/times.ttf")

*** - PRINT: not enough stack space for carrying out circularity analysis
The following restarts are available:
ABORT-REQUEST  :R1      Abort handling SLIME request.

Break 2 [3]>

(maybe I only got an evaluation copy of CLISP :)

The moral for me at least is that CLISP (or at least CLISP+Slime) is rather
flaky. E.g. the error above should've brought up the slime debugger, and not
the CLISP prompt.

Any CLISP hacker care to comment on all this? Maybe it's just a question of
invoking CLISP with the right command line arguments.

Andras