[cl-typesetting-devel] Versions etc. for Graphviz for cl-typegraph?

Jeff Caldwell jdcal at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 00:18:34 UTC 2005

--- Marc Battyani <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> wrote:

> "Jeff Caldwell" wrote:
> The
> >'rank=' line written by gen-graph-dot-data in graph.lisp, called by
> >(full-example), caused "dot" to have a segmentation violation, preventing
> the
> >generation of ex.pdf.
>... From the graphviz website, I downloaded
> the
> >source for v2.4. I couldn't make it because I didn't have some Xaw header
> >files, e.g. Text.h and AsciiText.h.

> Have you found something ? I don't see why dot needs X libraries. Maybe to
> get some font metrics ? In that case maybe you could remove the code that
> uses this from dot as the text handling is done by cl-typesetting.

I found somewhere on the net a report of a dot bug in the config process that
needlessly called out an X library. I think I stumbled across another one of
those bugs. What version of Graphviz do you use? Does the machine you use it
on run X?

> Let's rewrite dot in Lisp! ;-)
>
> Marc

Hey, I only just got the typesetting full example working! Now I'm going to
look at the pprint you showed Pascal. One step at a time for me :-)

Jeff