[cl-typesetting-devel] Versions etc. for Graphviz for cl-typegraph?

Jeff Caldwell jdcal at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 12:48:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

I used subversion (svn) and retrieved the latest cl-pdf and cl-typesetting.
On my Debian machine, "apt-get install graphviz" resulted in version 2.2. The
'rank=' line written by gen-graph-dot-data in graph.lisp, called by
(full-example), caused "dot" to have a segmentation violation, preventing the
generation of ex.pdf.

I removed graphviz using apt-get. From the graphviz website, I downloaded the
source for v2.4. I couldn't make it because I didn't have some Xaw header
files, e.g. Text.h and AsciiText.h. The configure process had detected that
Xaw was not installed, so that looks like a graphviz config bug. Using
dselect, I chose libxaw7 and downloaded and installed 598Mb of archives,
which installed properly, more or less. (OK, I was out of date. :)

After another ./configure of graphviz, it almost compiled. I had to ln -s
/usr/lib/libperl.so.5 /usr/lib/libperl.so and then graphviz built cleanly.

Now (full-example) works OK.

That's OK for my development machine but not for an X-less server machine.
Before I dive into trying to make this work on headless remote servers, can
you offer any suggestions? What versions/configuration options of graphviz
etc. seem to work?

Thanks,

Jeff Caldwell