[cl-typesetting-devel] Empty pages, again

Jeff Caldwell jdcal at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 07:26:01 UTC 2005

--- Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have again problems with PDFs that come out as empty pages on
>> Acrobat 7.  Here's a simplified version of the code:

>It's the padding and border parameters causing the problem, I think.
>The following code works OK for me.

I forgot to mention I also added with-page.
(See the code in my prior post.)

For what it is worth, the code seemed fragile. As I varied
the code I had the following problems:

. The pdf file contained only one very small page, showing
  at 800% magnification and still very small in the center
  of the Acrobat page.
. The pdf file contained one entirely blank page.
. Acrobat reported an "unrecognized token" error the text of
  which seemed unrelated to text in the source code.
. I think there were times when the code would work if the
  table code was inline with the dotimes but not work when
  the table code was in a function.
. and possibly other problems ...

Of course, now that I have reached a working version, the
nature of those problems may be eliminated or changed ...

Jeff Caldwell