[cl-typesetting-devel] Tables with variable column widths

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Apr 8 11:28:37 UTC 2005

Hi!

I admit I haven't done much with CL-PDF and CL-TYPESETTING yet so if
this is a particularly dumb question or has been discussed before feel
free to be rude.

I'm trying to create a table where I don't know the width of the
columns in advance, i.e. I want the table to be "just big enough" like
in HTML or LaTeX.  I've looked at the table example in tables.lisp
which uses fixed column sizes.  Am I supposed to calculate the sizes
myself?  And if so, what are the functions one would use to do that?

Thanks in advance,
Edi.