[cl-typesetting-devel] Some small patches

Klaus Weidner kw at w-m-p.com
Mon Nov 8 22:29:06 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 02:03:50PM -0800, Peter Seibel wrote:
> Oh, another problem I had when compiling with with SBCL was that the
> iterate source files are in DOS mode which causes ~<newline> format
> directives to fail since they look to Lisp like ~<carrige return>
> which isn't a valid format directive. I worked around it by
> dos2unix'ing the files but I don't know if there's a better long term
> solution? Does subversion have any facility to fix line endings for
> text files so folks who check them out onto Unix machines get Unix
> line endings and Windows folks get Windows CRLFs?

Yes, if the "svn:eol-style" property is set to "native" for the source
files, subversion will autoconvert in the way you describe. That's a
property in the repository.

	svn propset svn:eol-style native */*.lisp

For new files, you can set this in $HOME/.subversion/config so that they
get marked automatically:

	enable-auto-props = yes
	[auto-props]
	*.lisp = svn:eol-style=native

(You can also set the property to "LF", "CRLF", or "CR" if you need the
file to have a specific line ending convention.)

-Klaus