[cl-typesetting-devel] Formatting across pages bug not quite dead.

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Tue Feb 24 22:30:55 UTC 2004

"Marc Battyani" <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> writes:

> "Peter Seibel" <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:
>
> > Hmmm. The formatting across pages bug that we thought was fixed seems
> > to be back. Check out the top of page 5 in:
> >
> >   <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/another-formatting-bug.pdf>
> >
> > If I get a chance I'll try to investigate more but I figured I'd let
> > you know while it's still somewhat fresh in your mind.
>
> I will look at this. Looking at your example, it seems that only 2 pages are
> affected. Are they different in some way ?

Not from my point of view. The only pattern that I can see (given this
limited data set) is that in both cases where the formatting is
broken, the first line on the new page contains character formatting
that gets broken across the line (i.e. it starts on the first line and
ends on the second line). On page 3 it's the ":if-exists" which is set
in Courier and on page 5 it's the "WRITE-CHAR" which is set in
Courier-Bold. In both cases that same formatting seems to get picked
up by the beginning of the line.

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com