[cl-store-devel] serialized class instance as document format

Sven Emtell sven.emtell at doremir.com
Tue May 10 13:52:58 UTC 2011

Hi all
I am planning to use cl-store to save and load documents in an
application that I am developing.
What I want to save is a serialized class instance using cl-
store:store and then later be able to load it using cl-store:restore.
What troubles me is that in future versions of my application, there
may be new slots in the class. My tests reveal that such new slots end
up being unbound when loading an old class instance (without the
slot). Instead I would like it to have the new slot set to
it's :initform value.
Is this possible?
Any thoughts on using a serialized class instance as document format?
Thanks!
Sven