[cl-store-devel] new clisps and make-closure, hash-table-test

Tomas Zellerin zellerin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 13:18:25 UTC 2010

Hello,

I started to try to use cl-store and encountered two small issues
(both related to clisp) so far. I can live with it or work around, so
take this just as in indication of possible problem areas that might
or might not bother you.

1) new clisp (tested on 2.48 on Win, 2.46 on Linux) has no
%make-closure, (but has make-closure - not sure if same). I do not
store closures/functions so far, but the fact that the package sys is
locked leads to continuable errors during asdf load.

2) hash tables stored in clisp cannot be restored back to other lisps
due to the fact that (hash-table-test (make-hash-table :test 'eq))
returns ext:fasthash-eql there. I am not even sure that the cl-store
package (or rather current backend) is intended to create
cross-implementation data, but the other way (sbcl to clisp) worked
just fine, which raised the expectations.

Otherwise, it is nice and easy to use - good job.

With regards,

Tomas