[cl-store-devel] Combining ASCII data with Binary cl-store objects?

Gary Zu clstoreuser at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 17:04:15 UTC 2010

Dear All,

I have been using cl-store for saving and restoring my objects on Lispworks
1.6.0.01. It has been working great.

Currently I am trying to accomplish a weird goal: the first line of my saved
file must be ALL human readable strings (supposed to be ASCII with a newline
delimiter "\n") to end. Then the rest of the file can be the whole
serialized cl-store binary data. What could be the easiest way to accomplish
this using/customizing existing cl-store's APIs? (now I am thinking of *ix
IO redirect utilities to break files, and sort of things, which is kind of
clumsy)

Thanks so much for your attention and any help/suggestions are greatly
appreciated!

a cl-store user