[cl-ppcre-devel] debugging of RE matching

Philipp Marek philipp at marek.priv.at
Mon Oct 1 16:29:26 UTC 2012

Hello Hans,

thanks for your answer.

>> Is this question about the
>>
>>   (let ((scanner (create-scanner-aux match-fn
>>
>> line? If it is, then I put the (lambda) below to get a minimal diff.
>
> Minimal diff is not a goal.
Well, it was for me, to show the (minimal) difference.

>  You can accompany your patch submission
> with a comment that there are whitespace changes so that reviewers
> remember to use "diff -w".
Yes, but who reads commit messages? ;)

I tried to do as you suggested, folding the LAMBDA back to avoid the extra LET; please
take a look at the last commit of my branch, because that gives me a

    The variable CL-PPCRE::END-STRING-OFFSET is unbound.

error, although this special variable should be bound as before -- in the LET*.

This is with SBCL 1.0.58.0.debian, in case that makes a difference.

Regards,

Phil