[cl-ppcre-devel] strange scan results

Noldus Reijnders n_reijnders at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:51:37 UTC 2011

Hey again!

I came across something of which I don't understand why it happens.. When I do this:
(scan "[a-z]*" "<test>")  I get:
0
0
#()
#()
while I expect:
1
4
... (I don't get the registers.. Although it isn't necessary for me right now, could you maybe explain this as well if you have the time? I think it has something to do with back referencing, but I'm not sure.)

Also, when I do this:(scan "[\xD8-\xF6]*" "<test>")
0
6
#()
#()
while I expect to get nil.

It seems as if the scanner doesn't do anything if the first character is part of the regex in the first example (because if I add a angular bracket to the front it does find it) and in the second it matches everything while the hexcode range is far outside the strings range so it shouldn't find anything. Am I doing something wrong?
Greatings,
Noldus