[cl-ppcre-devel] Re: cl-ppcre new feature proposal

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Mar 25 00:02:06 UTC 2007

Hi Ondrej,

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 00:29:10 +0100, "Ondrej Svitek" <ondrej.svitek at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've followed your list of suggestions and am sending you the patch

Thanks a lot.  I've made a new release (1.3.0) which incorporates your
patch.  BTW, please the next time you send a patch don't include TAB
characters in it.

> SCAN function has a compiler-macro, which precompiles constant Perl
> regexes at load time. But LOAD-TIME-VALUE doesn't know about any
> runtime bindings (of course) affecting the scanner closure creation.

Yes, this is a known issue and you'll find it mentioned in the
documentation for *USE-BMH-MATCHERS* and *REGEX-CHAR-CODE-LIMIT*.  It
is clearly an oversight that it is not mentioned for *ALLOW-QUOTING*.
I've added that and changed the example accordingly.  Thanks for
making me aware of that.

Cheers,
Edi.