[cl-ppcre-devel] Porting to Genera, feature request

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Sep 29 18:04:04 UTC 2004

Hi Patrick!

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:03:14 -0400 (EDT), "Patrick O'Donnell" <pao at ascent.com> wrote:

> I took a few moments to clean things up a bit.  The diff is
> included, below.

Cool, thanks! I'll release a new version as soon as possible. Two
little questions:

1. The abstract lists the implementations CL-PPCRE is known to work
   with. What am I supposed to add in this case? Something like
   "Genera (version x.y on Symbolics LispMachine ZZZ)", i.e. what's
   the official name and version number of the Lisp implementation and
   the OS you're using.

2. You mentioned there are a couple of issues with the tests due to
   different character encodings. Is there a short sentence I could
   add to the README file like: "Note that some tests will fail on
   Genera because characters like ... have encodings which differ from
   Perl's expectations?"

Thanks again,
Edi.