[cl-pdf-devel] Re: latin-2 + sbcl

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Sun Feb 10 21:45:38 UTC 2008

Attila Lendvai wrote:
>> IMHO, it would be nice to split the encodings.lisp into several files and
>> put them into encodings/ directory.
>>

> if someone is going to look deeper into the encoding issue, i suggest
> depending on babel: darcs get
> http://common-lisp.net/~loliveira/darcs/babel/ (or when the page is
> set up: http://common-lisp.net/project/babel/)
>
> it's a very flexible cross platform lib for handling various string
> encodings/decodings.

Well, I'm not a big fan of too many dependencies if it can be avoided.
At least if you really want to use some library, it should work on the
same implementations and OS as cl-pdf/typesetting and, if it's a
"working in progress" library, a stable version working with cl-pdf
should be easily available or put in the cl-pdf repository to avoid
problems in the future.

BTW I do that with all the libraries I use for my own work. I've set up
an svn repository and I keep all this in sync.

Marc