[cl-pdf-devel] cl-pdf and cl-typesetting licences.

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Thu Apr 26 17:52:51 UTC 2007

A recent blog entry (1) from Christophe Rhodes reminded me that I had put an
advertising clause in the licence of cl-pdf and cl-typesetting.

The idea behind this advertising clause was to help promote Common Lisp by
giving it more visibility. Nowdays I think it's probably more a nuisance
than a good thing so I removed it and replaced it by this text:

"Note that though this licence has no advertising clause anymore, it is
recommenced that applications using cl-pdf/cl-typesetting, like Web servers,
Web applications or native applications, insert somewhere (in the about or
credits page for instance) "Document(s) generated with
cl-pdf/cl-typesetting"
This is not a licence requirement and is only asked as a way to to help
promote the use of the Common Lisp language."

Marc

(1) http://www.advogato.org/person/crhodes/diary.html?start=117