[cl-pdf-devel] unicode support (ttf + sb-unicode)

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 23:38:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

Attached is my attempt at adding Unicode support to cl-pdf. (I noticed that it
does not work correctly when pdf:*compress-streams* is true; I am using salza
with sbcl compiled for x86 on AMD64...)

One needs a Unicode TrueType font, such as MS Windows Arial and Times New
Roman. Then, one needs ttf2ufm (included in
http://www.acko.net/files/ufpdf.zip) to generate an ufm file. For example,

$ ttf2ufm -a -F arial.ttf arial

The rest should be relatively easy to figure out from the example (and a
comment in ttu-font.lisp at the end of the attachment).

So, without compression, it worked for me. I haven't tested it much, and the
patch is probably incomplete. BTW, does anyone know how I can make a smaller
font out of a TrueType one, containing only desired characters?

Regards,
Alex

http://mail.yahoo.com