[cl-pdf-devel] Unicode support feedback needed

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Tue Nov 22 18:09:17 UTC 2005

"Yaroslav Kavenchuk" <kavenchuk at jenty.by> writes:

> > Sorry, but GSview 4.7 not read hello-u.pdf from cl-typesetting-test
> > (adobe reader read it):
> >

> Oops, my bug: in my times.ttf there are no characters with code
> 9562-9565 from unicode-hello function in test.lisp from cl-typesetting.

OK. Maybe I should change the example to use more mainstream unicode
characters.

> But the size of files from unicode examples very big. It can be reduced?

The best way would be to generate a font subset on the fly with only the
needed characters. But it's probably a lot of work (or maybe the truetype
format is simple enough, I don't know). Otherwise I don't know if there are
some utilities to do that.

Marc