[cl-pdf-devel] Concatenating PDF files

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 14 21:36:41 UTC 2005

Marc Battyani wrote:

> Tim Daly Jr has sent the code for the transformation of pdf pages into
> XObject, which can be printed on a page like any graphical element. (It's in
> the current cl-pdf version, look at pdf-template.lisp) So you just have to
> write the pages and then draw the new page numbers above the existing ones.

That's more or less what I told Edi (without the technical details ;-).
But doesn't this have the problem that you have to know the position
of the page numbers on the page?  In other words, this is not a general
solution but would only work for documents where you figure out the page
number position by looking at the document (with your eyes, not with the
pdf parser), right?

>> PS: Marc, Arthur is not in contributors.txt - I think he provided the
>>    parser, didn't he?
>
> Oops, thanks for pointing this. I'm very sorry Arthur :-(

No problem Marc.  I thought you gave me special treatment by mentioning
me in the file itself instead of in contributors.txt like everybody else ;-)

Arthur