[cl-objc-devel] info.plist loading

Luigi Panzeri matley at muppetslab.org
Wed May 21 10:54:57 UTC 2008

"Jean-Philippe Barette-LaPierre" <jpbarrette at gmail.com> writes:

> I got a project which is set quite like the converter example. However I got
> a problem with the info.plist file; it seems it's not loaded. Is there any
> magic to do, or it should be loaded automatically? The project is to use the

It is loaded automatically (when you load the bundle), provided that
it is in the correct location. If info.plist is not loaded the
application will not start.

> Graphviz Cocoa application and use a lisp backend in order to do add some
> graph manipulation. What I did is replace the Graphviz executable by a
> script which is quite like the converter script. Everything loads perfectly
> (thanks to the CONTEXT variable), except the info.plist. The symptom is that
> when I try to load a .dot it says:
>
> The document "test.dot" could not be opened. Graphviz cannot open files in
> the "Graphviz graph" format.

the info.plist declarations are correct.

If I understood correctly you are trying to build a document based
application where you will to be able to load and manage .dot file.

You should look at the Sketch example (it is a document-based cocoa
app) to try to understand how to subclass correctly your document
class and your documentcontroller class. Look also at the doc (of
course):

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Documents/Documents.html

> I wanted to strace the process, but I don't know what's the equivalent on
> MacOS X. I'll look on google.

At this stage, the log files (Console app is your friend) can help you

--
Luigi Panzeri aka Matley

Quotes on Lisp: http://lispers.org/