[cl-ncurses-devel] KEY_RESIZE bug?

Mike Clarke clarkema at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:46:19 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to get my cl-ncurses application to respond
intelligently when its terminal is resized.  My understanding is that
reading a key code with (getch) and then checking to see whether that
code is equal to KEY_RESIZE should allow me to detect the event.
However, in practice this isn't working.

When I resize the window and call (getch), I read a 'character' with
code 410.  Looking for the definition of KEY_RESIZE in the source, I
find:

(def-constant KEY_RESIZE 0632 :export t)

Octal 632 = decimal 410, so I wonder if that line is an attempt to
define the key code in octal?  Unfortunately, 0632 is interpreted as a
decimal number with a leading 0; perhaps #o632 was intended?

Mike