[cl-json-devel] Any interest in moving from darcs to git?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Nov 8 15:53:31 UTC 2012

On 11/8/12 Nov 8 -1:31 AM, Henrik Hjelte wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:52 AM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info
> <mailto:rpgoldman at sift.info>> wrote:
>
>     Note that I don't think that darcs, in and of itself, is a bad system.
>     But there are more than enough DCVSes out there, and we can use one less
>     of them.
>

> I think it is a good idea, it crossed my mind too. Also github is a good
> environment for cooperating.
> I think the darcs repo should live for some time while we double-commit.
> If no one objects, I'll try to do it quite soon.

Sounds good.  I have a preference for a canonical git repo at c-l.net,
although a pointer from the c-l.net web page to one on github would be
ok.  What I'd like us to avoid is that mess where there are a dozen
github repos for the same library, and no one knows which one is
canonical.  And I think we should still provide tarballs.

I don't really get github's additional structure on top of vanilla git
usage, and am not that excited about learning it.  But I would be happy
to continue to submit patches in the old school way, through 'git email'.