[cl-json-devel] download URL 403

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Mon Jun 27 08:21:04 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 2:02 AM, Carlos Konstanski
<ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com> wrote:
> On 06/24/2011 05:58 PM, Robert Goldman wrote:
>> On 6/23/11 Jun 23 -10:55 PM, Carlos Konstanski wrote:
>>> I cannot download cl-json because the URL is giving me a 403. Please help, I
>>> am desperate! Email me a tarball if it can't be fixed soon.

This was because the release version used to sit in the ftp directory
of common-lisp.net, but now that directory seems gone.
And since I haven't seen this before, this might have been the
situation for a long time. The new version 0.4.1 is downloadable
though if you really don't want to use darcs.

> I went ahead and did just that. Be advised that the latest in darcs is
> utterly broken.

What is utterly broken? Some more details could help. I think the test
code coverage is very high, and there is only one know failing test,
so I have no idea what you mean with utterly broken.

Also it would be good for the next time if you find any problems, that
you mention them to the mailing list when you discover them.

Version 0.3.0 works, but you need to rename all references
> to the package js:: to parenscript::. There is only one such reference, and
> it is in encoder.lisp.

Works in what way that the latest in darcs does not? The dependency to
parenscript was removed in december 2008, it is not something new.

/Henrik