[cl-json-devel] Re: cl-json test suite

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Wed Jan 10 17:39:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 16:35 +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> I'm going to find your cl-json library very helpful!

Wow, a real user! :-)

> I have a question about your test suite, as I am also looking into
>integrating
> a comprehensive test suite to my project.  How can you have 2 defsystems in
> the same .asd file?  How do you load one system and not the other?  I don't
> think I've ever seen this done before.

I'm no expert on asdf, but this works:

(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :json)
followed by
(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :json.test)

I think I saw it in either UnCommonWeb which has a lot of systems in one
asd file, or cl-sql, which has an advanced asd file.

And please try out the darcs version of cl-json, I have added some stuff
like a json-bind macro and json-rpc.

There is one thing I want to decide before releasing a new version: I'm
not sure that it is the best idea to intern parsed json in the keyword
package. Any opinions on this matter or other matters are appreciated..

> I'm trying to decide if my test suite should be a separate system or
> integrated into the existing system.
Actually when I code most of my things I keep the programmer-tests in
the same files and system as the rest of the code. I think tests
document and explain how a function is used, and then I don't want to
look in another file.

Why I keep tests in a separate system for cl-json I don't know, I guess
it looks nicer or maybe it is just because I've seen other do this... I
can't really think of really why this is better though..

/Henrik